This is for the wonderfully talented Emma of Emma Makes, whose regular Friday lists fill my head with creative dreams and in inspire me to at least think about being more productive in my out-of-office time.
- Work. Sigh. I’ll be at the computer for most of the day, trying to tick off some of the things on my ever-expanding to-do list. Top of the list is creating a social media return on investment spreadsheet
- Walk to Cuba St at lunchtime for some sunshine and the Spontaneous Saddleback Sonnet Session – a poetry reading to promote the Tieke’s chances of winning Bird of the Year. My former flatmate Jackson is the bird’s champion, so I know the event will be awesome
- Write a blog post!
- Download a sock pattern from Ravelry and try to decipher it (first step towards conquering fear of sock knitting)
- Cook a Thai red curry with the beef shortribs I took out of the freezer earlier in the week. Then portion it up and put it back in the freezer for weekday lunches and those nights when cooking is too hard
- Bake a sausage and egg pie to take on a weekend jaunt to Nga Manu nature reserve in Waikanae, to picnic and feed the eels
- Get started on the laundry so I can hang it out on the line first thing tomorrow
- Knit at least two more chevrons of the rainbow baby blanket I’m working on. Isn’t the pattern fabulous? It was designed by the incredibly talented Tash of Petone’s Holland Road Yarn Company and it’s such fun to knit. The colours make me super happy. If you want to make one too, you can find the (free!) pattern right here on the HRYC website